'Families began to rely on my recommendations for babysitters, and the constant referrals quickly turned into a job for me,” Koch says. “This is when I realized the desire and high demand to find reliable, trustworthy babysitters, which led to the formation of this company.”'
"Summer Sitters, owned and operated by Ann Koch, was established in 2010 and has grown from Koch offering her own services to including 50 sitters during its peak season. The agency, which runs out of Chatham, was developed from Koch’s own experiences as a Cape babysitter, and she said that while she has learned to anticipate the many needs of families who visit from around the world, the majority of her clients want a sitter who will take advantage of the Cape environment and spend quality time with their children outdoors."
As a client of Summer Sitters, LLC (hereinafter referred to as SSLLC), I understand and agree to the following:
- Babysitters are independent contractors, not employees of SSLLC. I understand that the babysitters referred by SSLLC are my employees. SSLLC is a referral service only and is not responsible or liable for the babysitter’s actions at anytime.
- All babysitters have been Massachusetts background checked, interviewed and had reference checks. It is my right and responsibility to conduct my own background checks and interviews if I choose to do so.
- Babysitters are childcare providers and are not expected to be responsible for housekeeping duties.
- One babysitter may not care for more than four children above age three nor more than two children under age three.
- I agree to pay the Sitter Fee of $15/hour directly to each babysitter upon completion of service. ($20/hour if 4+ children).
- I authorize SSLLC to charge my credit card for the Agency Fee of $10/hour per family per babysitter.
- The hour is broken into fifteen-minute increments.
- There is a three-hour minimum charge per shift, even if I do not use the full three hours.
- Sleeping hours are counted as half hours for overnight requests.
- Cab fare should be given directly to the babysitter if they stay past 9pm in Boston.
- If two or more families share a babysitter, each family is required to pay the Agency Fee. However, the Sitter Fee can be split between the families.
- An additional $10.00 will be applied on the following holidays: Memorial Day weekend, July 4th, Labor Day weekend, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.
- Gratuity is appreciated but is not required.
- All cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance to avoid a $50 cancellation fee per booking, per babysitter, charged to the credit card on file.
- In the event that I need to change the dates/times to the scheduled booking, I am not guaranteed my babysitter is available.
- I agree to give the babysitter an estimated time of return, and I will call if I am going to be more than 30 minutes late. The babysitter may have another obligation and is relying on my estimated time of return to be correct.
- Babysitters are prohibited from driving children.
- Babysitters are prohibited from administering medication to children. I agree to give my children any necessary medication prior to leaving them in the care of the babysitter.
- Babysitters are prohibited from taking children in the water without prior written consent. I understand that SSLLC makes no representation to the babysitter’s swimming abilities and does not carry insurance to cover related risks.
- I am prohibited from engaging in business of any kind with babysitters referred to me through SSLLC outside of the agency. If I attempt to contact a sitter outside of the hours of scheduled services, a violation fee of $1,000 will be charged to the credit card on file.
- If I cannot be reached in an emergency situation, I authorize the babysitter to obtain whatever medical treatment may be deemed necessary for the welfare of my children.
- I will be responsible for all charges, fees, and expenses incurred in the rendering of such emergency medical treatment.
- I will not hold SSLLC responsible for situations that may occur while a babysitter is in my home. I hereby agree to hold harmless, indemnify, and defend SSLLC, its managers, officers, directors, representatives, attorneys, agents, and independent contractors from and against any and all claims, actions, causes of actions, suits, liabilities, damages, losses, expenses and costs, including attorney’s fees and negligence of any nature, whether foreseen or unforeseen, arising directly or indirectly out of any damage, loss, injury, paralysis, or death as a result of any services provided by a babysitter.